Chewy Chocolate Brownies
The best Chocolate brownies there are, are chewy chocolate brownies. This recipe is perfect, they’re not too cakey, slightly dense – which gives it the all important chew.
Plus, they’re super easy to make! So easy that a two year old could do it. In fact, he did! Scroll down to watch the video and see how we got on.
Not Your Average Chocolate Brownies – Top Tips
As I said, it’s a pretty foolproof recipe, but here’s a few tips to make sure you get the best possible chocolate brownies:
- Use a good quality baking tin; this will ensure it will cook evenly and is less likely to stick. These are the ones I use and really love them. (non affiliate link, no ad, just my opinion)
Chewy Brownie Recipe
Ingredients for Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- 115g unsalted butter
- 230g dark chocolate (high quality) – chopped roughly
- 150g granulated sugar
- 50g dark soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 80g plain flour
- 12g cocoa powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 180g chocolate chunks
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate. Either in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, or in 20 second intervals in the microwave. Mix well and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Grease and line a 9in x 9in baking pan.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until smooth after each one.
- Whisk in the vanilla, then gently stir through the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Finally, fold through the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, place in the oven for 30-35 minutes. It’s ready when an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs on.
- Once cooked, allow to cool completely on a wire rack, turn out and cut into squares.
Boom – Lovely gooey, chewy, chocolate brownies. These are great as they are, even better topped with frosting – see how we decorated our Christmas brownies here (COMING SOON)
Decorating Chocolate Brownies
See here for the decorating blog (COMING SOON)
Chocolate Brownies – How did you get on?
I’d love to see your results, post how you got on in the comments – feel free to tag me on instagram @cleanplate.photo and use the #cleanplatephotos
Is your hospitality business famous for its cakes and sweet treats? Want me to capture you making them? I’d love to have a chat about how I can get some great images for you and your brand. Contact me today.
Chewy Chocolate Brownies – Video
Watch my two year old and I make this recipe, don’t forget to like and subscribe to the channel for more video recipes!